MPD strange behavior...?

Need help with MPD?
bern

MPD strange behavior...?

Post by bern »

Hi,
I've build and installed a new kernel:

Code: Select all

Linux beaglebone 5.4.47 #1 SMP PREEMPT_RT Sun Jul 12 18:15:02 UTC 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux
I am pleased with the sound. However from time to time when I'm playing MPD sound fades (approximately one for 2h) and I have to restart a whole machine.
See player details: mpd version, dmesg, log, and /etc/mpd.conf server instance side

The second strange thing is information from the the log. I see that several times for the single second there is change in the port number.
Maybe this is connected with the Real Time kernel I switched to?
Please have a look at options used to kernel build:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/Fyjmcmtty7/.
Maybe something seems suspicious and should be change to optimize mpd playback and reduce log ?
Regards,
B

max
Forum team

Re: MPD strange behavior...?

Post by max »

What does "sound fades" mean exactly?
I don't think this has anything to do with MPD.

bern

Post by bern »

max wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 10:16 am
incidental stops the sound (aprox 1 time per h). At the same time I see that player behave as if nothing had happened: the MPD counts down to the end of the song I can switch to new track but there is no sound.
max wrote:
I don't think this has anything to do with MPD.
Please have a look at the MPD log. Is is normal to open and close connection 24 times per second? Each time with the new port?

max
Forum team

Post by max »

bern wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 10:37 am
max wrote:
incidental stops the sound (aprox 1 time per h). At the same time I see that player behave as if nothing had happened: the MPD counts down to the end of the song I can switch to new track but there is no sound.
Since there is no mention of a buffer underrun in your log, this doesn't look like it's caused by MPD.
Please have a look at the MPD log. Is is normal to open and close connection 24 times per second? Each time with the new port?
I don't see that. Did you mean "per minute" and not "per second"?

That is "normal" if your client does that. But that is nothing MPD can do - this part of the log is about its clients.

bern

Post by bern »

max wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 10:43 am
I don't see that. Did you mean "per minute" and not "per second"?

That is "normal" if your client does that. But that is nothing MPD can do - this part of the log is about its clients.
Yes, per minute. It this context means every 5 seconds.
Recently I switched to rompr client and I didn't associate it with so many log entries.
I must investigate if it can be set in rompr so that it does not clog the MPD log.

bern

Post by bern »

How could I switch off MPD logging completely? or exclude client log?