Album Title as %album% [%media%]

Discuss client development (or even MPD development if you feel so inclined), ask questions about the client libs, MPD feature requests from client developers, etc...
smoothquark

Album Title as %album% [%media%]

Post by smoothquark » November 9th, 2014, 9:05 pm

Is it at all possible to able to display album titles as %album% [%media%] ? I would like to differentiate between my CD rips "[CD]" and mp3 "[MP3]" hi res "[Digital Media]". musicbrainz already provides the %media% metadata. Thanks.

max
Forum team

Re: Album Title as %album% [%media%]

Post by max » November 10th, 2014, 7:12 am

That applies only to MPD clients, not the MPD server. You're in the wrong forum.

smoothquark

Post by smoothquark » November 10th, 2014, 7:43 am

Ah, thanks. Useful to know that this is a client issue rather than a server one. By the way, I thought this forum was for both client and server development?

max
Forum team

Post by max » November 10th, 2014, 8:02 am

smoothquark wrote:I thought this forum was for both client and server development?
But you are not a developer, are you?

smoothquark

Post by smoothquark » November 10th, 2014, 7:02 pm

If compiling and tweaking my own "distribution" counts as "developing", then, yes, I am. If one needs to be a "certified" developer, then I am not! ;) Perhaps this should then be a restricted forum?

max
Forum team

Post by max » November 10th, 2014, 10:32 pm

smoothquark wrote:If compiling and tweaking my own "distribution" counts as "developing"
No, it does not. You do not develop anything, you do not edit any source code.
Perhaps this should then be a restricted forum?
It is already. The forum description says it's for developers. You just disobeyed this restriction.

smoothquark

Post by smoothquark » November 11th, 2014, 6:43 am

Oh? So, as long as I edit source code I become a "developer" ? Being doing that for a number of years now - but only now have wanted to tweak mpd for my needs. Anyway, I have accomplished wanted I wanted to - quite easy actually.