Adding wav files from SD card recorder

Cool stuff you can do with MPD. A place for you to put your hacks and patches, or be inspired by others'.

Adding wav files from SD card recorder

Postby cootcraig » August 16th, 2014, 9:48 pm

I've started recording LP's with a standalone recorder. I transfer 2 wav files (one for each side)
to my Linux box. How can I add the wav files to an mpd folder so the artist/album name and other
data like album art are available? I have assembled a file server to hold music files I plan
to access with mpd.
cootcraig

Re: Adding wav files from SD card recorder

Postby Ran » August 17th, 2014, 1:17 am

Convert them to FLAC. If you rip your vinyl, try to rip them at 24bit / 96kHz.
Ran

Postby violajsilver » May 25th, 2016, 6:15 am

Waveform Audio File Format (WAVE, or more commonly known as WAV due to its filename extension)(rarely, Audio for Windows) is a Microsoft and IBM audio file format standard for storing an audio bitstream on PCs. It is an application of the Resource Interchange File Format (RIFF) bitstream format method for storing data in "chunks", and thus is also close to the 8SVX and the AIFF format used on Amiga and Macintosh computers, respectively. It is the main format used on Windows systems for raw and typically uncompressed audio. The usual bitstream encoding is the linear pulse-code modulation (LPCM) format. Refer custom essay writing service to get help in essay writing task.
violajsilver

Postby skidoo » May 25th, 2016, 5:33 pm

RIFF WAVE is a container format. Check format tag: it may contain raw PCM or even MPEG-1 Layer III (aka MP3) data. It does NOT contain meta data like artist or album name.

Correct answer is: use FLAC :D - Ran is right.
skidoo

Postby teenathomas » January 17th, 2017, 10:37 am

What is actually the wav files.There are some wav files in my phone also. I need to transfer from my sd card. But how ? Is there any simple way to it. If yes please share the details in your future posts. I am eagerly waiting for that. I am a professional writer at theessay writers uk
teenathomas

Return to Tips, Tricks, and Hacks