Signature

General Discussion about MPD – anything that doesn't fit in the other MPD forums.
JamesCRocks

Signature

Post by JamesCRocks »

Hi Again,

Having just joined the forum (Ah, forums! So much nicer than Facebook), I [re]created my signature and ran immediately into a problem in that it wouldn't show my image:

As you can see, it doesn't work in this thread either, but the clue was that I remembered it didn't work in another forum which suggests that, even though I can clearly use that image in my browser (Edge but it also works in Chrome and Firefox) by pasting the same into the browser address bar, it won't work here. I don't know why that is, my website is a hand built HTML/PHP one and works fine under almost any browser so the only thing I can think of is that the site isn't secure (a security certificate to make it HTTPS costs and it's not like my one published book makes much in the way of money.

Any suggestions?

James
max
Forum team

Re: Signature

Post by max »

Your link is relative, it has no protocol, thus gets requested from forum.musicpd.org
JamesCRocks

Re: Signature

Post by JamesCRocks »

max wrote: March 21st, 2021, 9:49 pmYour link is relative, it has no protocol, thus gets requested from forum.musicpd.org
Thanks.

So, now I understand what's happening (I can see that the link is being requested by forum.musicpd.org, how on Earth do I fix it because I supplied the full link (www.jamescrocks.com/images/shakespeares ... rfires.jpg) which should, in theory, be enough? How do I put in a link that is NOT relative?

James