MPD dual output (same output)

General Discussion about MPD – anything that doesn't fit in the other MPD forums.
nemo1966

MPD dual output (same output)

Post by nemo1966 »

Hi, I have a MPD setup working on a headless Ubuntu Server, it's outputting to a USB DAC and working great. The DAC feeds directly into my stereo system.

Wanting to branch out a bit, I also have a RTP streaming receiver and as such was wondering if I could make MPD output the same content on both the DAC and RTP stream (PulseAudio) simultaniously??

Or would that require 2 instances of MPD server running - one for local DAC and the other for streaming RTP Pulse Audio?

thanks
Nemo

max
Forum team

Re: MPD dual output (same output)

Post by max »

Yes, you can configure multiple outputs.

nemo1966

Post by nemo1966 »

max wrote:Yes, you can configure multiple outputs.

I don't suppose tyou would care to elaborate?

max
Forum team

Post by max »

I don't suppose you would care to read the documentation before supposing things?

nemo1966

Post by nemo1966 »

max wrote:I don't suppose you would care to read the documentation before supposing things?
I have read the documentation and know how to set outputs for PulseAudio and Alsa. The docs tell you how to set these quite easily. However the docs don't seem to specifially say how to run both concurrently. But thanks...........

Here is a question for you - why reply to messages when the content of the reply helps absolutely no one? Wouldn't it be better to simply refrain? Have you got nothing better to do? Back in the day your posts would get cut for trolling.

Now - if theres anyone else with some ACTUAL help I would gratefully receive it.

Thanks

conta

Post by conta »

@nemo1966

Its very easy - in the mpd.conf just configure a second output-section and you are done. ;)
Here is the site max means:
https://www.musicpd.org/doc/user/config ... tputs.html

nemo1966

Post by nemo1966 »

conta wrote:@nemo1966

Its very easy - in the mpd.conf just configure a second output-section and you are done. ;)
Here is the site max means:
https://www.musicpd.org/doc/user/config ... tputs.html
Right so what you are saying is to configure the second output as you would the first and it will output them both simultaneously...?

Thank you - very helpful.

max
Forum team

Post by max »

nemo1966 wrote:Back in the day your posts would get cut for trolling.
And these days, the troll is the site owner, and you get cut for being ignorant on the documentation, and for calling the site owner a troll. Bye.