MPD Client with prelisting mode and fuzzy search.

General Discussion about MPD – anything that doesn't fit in the other MPD forums.
obelix

MPD Client with prelisting mode and fuzzy search.

Post by obelix » September 11th, 2016, 3:44 pm

Hi,

i found a old thread with prelisting enquiry here: Track prelistening on a client.

that's a great idea. I use yammi but the development is stopped in 2007. In 2013 a Version is published without KDE3 and Qt3 dependency but the development is still stopped. QT4 based yammi works but crashed from time to time.

I search a long time for an alternative to yammi, but nothing found. The biggest advantage from yammi:
  • 1. a very, very simple prelisten mode. prelisten to songs on headphone to DJ your own party (needs a second sound device)
    From the yammi manual:

Prelisten to...
    (only available if a second sound device is configured in the preferences)

start - Immediately starts playing the song via the second sound device, starting from the beginning.
    middle - Immediately starts playing the song via the second sound device, starting in the middle.
    end - Immediately starts playing the song via the second sound device, starting close to the end.

2. fast and easy fuzzy search. E.g. the search engine found by typing ACDC: AC-DC, AC/DC, ACDC, AC DC, AC_DC
Yes, the prelisting mode needs a second sound device. A USB sound device does not cost much. For 10 - 15€ you get a good Linux compatible device and the benefit is great.

Best regards

Obelix