Flac with embedded cuesheet

General Discussion about MPD – anything that doesn't fit in the other MPD forums.
denara

Flac with embedded cuesheet

Post by denara »

I all,
I need to know if mpd has cuesheet support for flac files.

I ve a lot of flac files with cuesheet inside and I think it's the best way to archive CD's cause in 1 file we have all info, music and cover. (1 Audio CD = 1 Flac file).
The Flac standard support it.

Regards
Andrea

prezi77

Re: Flac with embedded cuesheet

Post by prezi77 »

This feature is mpd-git.

Rasi
Forum team

Post by Rasi »

its not. mpd works with it just fine. But there is no database integration. all single-flac albums will only be available as playlists. the database will NOT see individual tracks.

mpdcero

Post by mpdcero »

Rasi wrote:its not. mpd works with it just fine. But there is no database integration. all single-flac albums will only be available as playlists. the database will NOT see individual tracks.

Do you know if with stand-alone cuesheet files there is database integration? If not - is it on roadmap?

I was looking forward to using MPD (or volumio or rune) on a raspberry 2b + DAC build but lack of single-file FLAC+cuesheet is a problem, this is my (and many audiophiles') format of choice for classical music and live jazz. Kodi supports scanning this format to its music library and works really well - but it is overkill for a headless audio-only build.