Naming URL stream in playlist flied

General Discussion about MPD – anything that doesn't fit in the other MPD forums.
maihoaomv

Naming URL stream in playlist flied

Post by maihoaomv »

i'm running mpd on a raspberry. i created a playlist file and added a bunch of url's so i could just click on the one i want to listen to rather than having a dozen or more individual name files cluttering up the already existing the playlist directory. is it possible to force/configure mpd to add a tag for a url stream in one of the fields (track, artist, album, comment) of the play que?i'm running mpd on a raspberry and except for a minor few glitches i like it a lot (wish mpd had been around 30 years ago). i created a playlist file and added a bunch of url's so i could just click on the one i want rather than having to create a dozen or more individual playlist files cluttering up an already existing cluttered playlist directory. those url's that have an alpha/numeric name in the file field such as jr-**** (jazzradio) orange.citrus (radio twinwood) are easy to identify but those with only an ip and port number are the problematic ones.
does anyone know how to or if it's possible to force/configure mpd to add a tag for a url stream in one of the unused fields (track, artist, album, comment, don't care) of the play que?
Attachments
Screenshot-5.png
Screenshot-5.png (68.82 KiB) Viewed 2526 times