Excellent! 2015 MPD Authors on GitHub

General Discussion about MPD – anything that doesn't fit in the other MPD forums.
rhoering

Excellent! 2015 MPD Authors on GitHub

Post by rhoering »

Max,

While browsing the source today, I noticed the 2015 AUTHORS on MPD's GitHub repo is a simple list of contributors.

https://github.com/MaxKellermann/MPD/bl ... er/AUTHORS

I then took a look at the history of AUTHORS and noticed on October 30th, 2013 you changed the format to remove the specific attribution to each author. WOW!

I think this was an excellent thing for you to have done as it really promotes developer collaboration and I wanted to let you know I am impressed on a personal level for your doing this and your passion for MPD.

Thank you,

Ron

rhoering

Re: Excellent! 2015 MPD Authors on GitHub

Post by rhoering »

All:

Rasi pointed out that my above comment may be viewed as sarcastic. [He is probably a bit cynical. 8^) ]

My intention was definitely NOT sarcastic.

It takes a very high level of professional maturity to remove oneself from the spotlight of being the principal author and to place themselves as just another member of the team of developers that have donated their energies to create MPD.

It reminded me of the signatures inside my original Mac. Steve Jobs' and Woz's signatures are no bigger than the other members of the Mac dev team nor are they in an special spot in the case. When I saw that in 1984 it really impressed me.

So what I probably should have said first in the previous post I will say now...

Max,

Thanks for your excellent work on MPD and your seemingly endless capacity to improve this already amazing program.

Best regards,

Ron