Problem running mpd 0.21 with Win10

Need help with MPD?
cober

Problem running mpd 0.21 with Win10

Post by cober » November 4th, 2018, 7:56 am

Hi everybody,

first of all I'd like to thank and congratulate the developers of mpd for the release of v0.21. I have been waiting a while for this. ;)

Unfortunately, I am experiencing troubles with running the pre-compiled mpd.exe (https://www.musicpd.org/download/win32/0.21/mpd.exe). Any attempt to launch mpd.exe results in an error dialog saying "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

When googling for this error I found out it might help to launch the concerned application as adminstrator. I gave it a try and while it did not help to get mpd running, it did help to get a little bit more information on what is going wrong: Instead of the 0xc000007b error dialog I now saw two subsequent error dialogs reporting the following DLLs to be missing:
  • libstdc++-6.dll
  • libgcc_s_seh-1.dll
There were never such troubles with the pre-compiled executables of the 0.20 version series.
Any hints and help will be much appreciated! (...and please don't advise me to switch over to Linux, I succeeded to run a self-compiled mpd 0.21 in Linux without problems, but I also have this one Win10 machine, where I don't want to miss mpd...)

Best regards,
Christoph

max
Forum team

Re: Problem running mpd 0.21 with Win10

Post by max » November 4th, 2018, 8:23 am

Write a bug report. This is obviously a mistake in the Windows build.