Database lists single track multiple times

Need help with MPD?
tipichris

Database lists single track multiple times

Post by tipichris »

I've encountered an odd problem after adding five tracks to my music directory, on a system that has run without issue for several years.

After a database update, each of the five new tracks (all in the same directory) is listed five times. Using GMPC as a client, playing each of the five versions works. The data listed for each are all correct except the length. Each of the five versions has a different length, corresponding to the lengths of each of the five tracks in the directory.

GMPC reports that the path to each of the five versions of a single track is different, consisting of a directory path that actually is the full file path, plus a filename such as 'track001.flac'. For example, the single track

Code: Select all

Paco_de_Lucia__Al_Di_Meola_and_John_McLaughlin/Friday_Night_in_San_Francisco/3_-_Frevo_Rasgado.flac
appears as five tracks

Paco_de_Lucia__Al_Di_Meola_and_John_McLaughlin/Friday_Night_in_San_Francisco/3_-_Frevo_Rasgado.flac/track001.flac
Paco_de_Lucia__Al_Di_Meola_and_John_McLaughlin/Friday_Night_in_San_Francisco/3_-_Frevo_Rasgado.flac/track002.flac
Paco_de_Lucia__Al_Di_Meola_and_John_McLaughlin/Friday_Night_in_San_Francisco/3_-_Frevo_Rasgado.flac/track003.flac
Paco_de_Lucia__Al_Di_Meola_and_John_McLaughlin/Friday_Night_in_San_Francisco/3_-_Frevo_Rasgado.flac/track004.flac
Paco_de_Lucia__Al_Di_Meola_and_John_McLaughlin/Friday_Night_in_San_Francisco/3_-_Frevo_Rasgado.flac/track005.flac
The same pattern is repeated for all five tracks,

mpc -h musicplaye search album "Friday Night"
returns 25 tracks rather than 5.

The tag data for this track looks like this:

TITLE=Frevo Rasgado
ARTIST=Paco de Lucía, Al Di Meola and John McLaughlin
ALBUM=Friday Night in San Francisco
DATE=1983
TRACKNUMBER=03
GENRE=Jazz
MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID=047070ec-c8a7-319c-a5b5-15c8b5f30c0c
MUSICBRAINZ_TRACKID=7f88f896-4205-44d6-939e-5526b2bb9ee0
DISCID=4009a705
MUSICBRAINZ_DISCID=9YcSIw7bZNj7mPXYF0wnkoHz5SU-
although I have tried all sorts of things, including adding TOTALTRACKS, changing the spelling of Lucía to use ascii only, etc

The music directory is on an NFS share mounted locally. MPD is version 0.15.0 - old, but it's never given me a problem before and has been running since about 2010 on an old EEEPC dedicated to the task (see this blog post for more on the setup).

Any ideas what's going on here?

skidoo

Re: Database lists single track multiple times

Post by skidoo »

According to your blog Ubuntu is in use. Current release ist 15.04... time to upgrade and you get MPD 0.19 for free :)

Rasi
Forum team

Re: Database lists single track multiple times

Post by Rasi »

mpd 0.15 is not supported anymore... for years now.