mpd scans my mp3s and thinks they're playlists

Need help with MPD?
FlyingLotus1983

mpd scans my mp3s and thinks they're playlists

Post by FlyingLotus1983 »

Hi,

I'm running mpd on my MacBook, version 0.17.4. I've tried to follow all the instructions and tutorials closely, have edited my config files and such. I'm having a pretty detrimental problem in that mpd is scanning my music directory, and it thinks that all of the songs are playlists. Below is the beginning of the mpd database file, which shows the mp3s wrapped with playlist headers/footers:

Code: Select all

info_begin
format: 1
mpd_version: 0.17.4
fs_charset: UTF-8
tag: Artist
tag: ArtistSort
tag: Album
tag: AlbumArtist
tag: AlbumArtistSort
tag: Title
tag: Track
tag: Name
tag: Genre
tag: Date
tag: Composer
tag: Performer
tag: Disc
tag: MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID
tag: MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID
tag: MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMARTISTID
tag: MUSICBRAINZ_TRACKID
info_end
playlist_begin: A la Carte Brass & Percussion - Boogeyin'! Swamprock, Salsa & 'Trane - Papa Was A Rolling Stone.mp3
mtime: 1367079067
playlist_end
playlist_begin: A la Carte Brass & Percussion - Boogeyin'! Swamprock, Salsa & 'Trane - Sidewinder.mp3
mtime: 1367079094
playlist_end
playlist_begin: A la Carte Brass & Percussion - Boogeyin'! Swamprock, Salsa & 'Trane - That Mellow Saxaphone.mp3
mtime: 1367079082
playlist_end
[...]
A 'listall' command returns:

playlist: A la Carte Brass & Percussion - Boogeyin'! Swamprock, Salsa & 'Trane - Papa Was A Rolling Stone.mp3
playlist: A la Carte Brass & Percussion - Boogeyin'! Swamprock, Salsa & 'Trane - Sidewinder.mp3
playlist: A la Carte Brass & Percussion - Boogeyin'! Swamprock, Salsa & 'Trane - That Mellow Saxaphone.mp3
[...]
OK

My config file is setup as

music_directory		"~/Music/Mapleshade"
playlist_directory		"~/.mpd/playlists"
db_file			"~/.mpd/database"
log_file			"~/.mpd/log"
pid_file			"~/.mpd/pid"
pid_file			"~/.mpd/pid"
sticker_file			"~/.mpd/sticker.sql"
the music directory is just a random directory of a handful of mp3s for test purposes.

I can't understand for the life of me why it's doing this. Any help would be appreciated.

Chanme

Re: mpd scans my mp3s and thinks they're playlists

Post by Chanme »

I am sorry about this stupid question, but: Does your mpd play that music or not?

FlyingLotus1983

Re: mpd scans my mp3s and thinks they're playlists

Post by FlyingLotus1983 »

Chanme wrote:I am sorry about this stupid question, but: Does your mpd play that music or not?
No.