Android MPD

Need help with MPD?
mark-me

Android MPD

Post by mark-me »

Hello!

I'm trying to get the MPD for android to work https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... l=nl&gl=US, but I can't find any mpd.conf file. Maybe I need to create it, but I am not sure where to put it. I found that a Android API call to a function could help me figure it out, but since I'm not an Android developer I have no clue how I would go about doing that.

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance
max
Forum team

Re: Android MPD

Post by max »

That's documented here: https://mpd.readthedocs.io/en/stable/us ... on-android
TLDR: create mpd.conf on the root of the storage partition.
mark-me

Post by mark-me »

Hi Max,

Thank you for the reply! I read that part but it didn't quite land with me. Where is the root of the storage partition? Is it my SD card on my phone? Or just the main memory's root?

Cheers,
Mark
max
Forum team

Post by max »

Usually, it's the root of the built-in storage partition, not the SD card. There has been lots of confusion on Android about this; the API is called "external storage" (= SD card), but when the first Android phones without SD card slot came, the manufacturers made the internal storage the "external storage" to be compatible with apps requiring external storage, and later, some special phones had an additional SD card slot, and suddenly everything became very complicated...
I have to admit that MPD doesn't integrate very well with Android. A lot of time needs to be invested to make it easier and more natural to use on Android, but I have more important issues to solve in my very long queue, and rarely anybody helps me...
mark-me

Post by mark-me »

Hi Max,

Thanks a million for your help on this. I'll try it out and let you know how it turned out. I appreciate all the work you put into it!

Mark
mark-me

Post by mark-me »

Hi Max,

It works like a charm! Happy as a clam to get this working! MPD rules!

Cheers,
Mark