Problems with Album covers - Windows

Gnome Music Player Client - Support forum for the oldest GTK+ based Client.
dsb

Problems with Album covers - Windows

Post by dsb » February 10th, 2014, 5:01 pm

I am using GMPC 11.8 under Windows 8.1 to connect to a remote mpd server. Album covers are stored locally in a single folder. To display Album covers, I do "Album view">(right-click)"Select file". This works well for most of my albums (>100), but I have two different problems with a few of the albums:

Problem 1- after selecting the right cover for an album, the cover is visible in Album view, but after a couple of seconds it reverts to the "no cover" image (the round CD image). However when I play the album, the correct cover is visible in the "Now playing" view. I have this problem with two albums.

Problem 2- after selecting the right cover for an album, the cover is visible in Album view, but after a couple of seconds it changes to the "default cover" image (the image with the musical note). In this case the default cover image is visible when playing the album. I have this problem with three albums.

I tried deleting-reuploading the albums to the mpd server, changing the format of the album cover images (jpg>png), cleaning the cover database, but both problems persist. I also inactivated all the plugins except for the "Album view" plugin. Is this behavior related to my setup or a bug in GMPC?

Also, uninstalling and reinstalling GMPC doesn't clear the settings. Where are GMPC settings (including Album covers) stored in Windows?

dsb

Re: Problems with Album covers - Windows

Post by dsb » February 11th, 2014, 9:21 pm

I just found out that, in Windows 8, GMPC metadata are stored in:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\gmpc\metadata\

The INetCache directory is hidden. One needs to type the path in the path bar.