clients (for linux,win,android) database sorting

There are many, many clients for MPD. Many of them are old and unsupported, but maybe someone here can help you with them anyway...
synthnassizer

clients (for linux,win,android) database sorting

Post by synthnassizer » December 4th, 2014, 4:40 pm

hi all,
I happen to have a large number of mp3 that have artist name and song title as part of the filename.
most of them are from the early era of mp3 so id3 fields are empty, but alot of them have ugly id3 tags even nowadays.

So i am looking for clients (across 3 OS's at least - it doesn't have to be the same client of course) that also shows the mpd database as path names / file names (or provides the means to sort songs by any way I want).

Because just by id3tags I get alot of songs to be sort under artist field <no artist> or other misleadingly filled up id3 tags...

While at it, do you have a GREAT way to somehow update id3 tags in ALL my mp3?
some sort of batch engine that reads mp3 files (like the shazam application) understands which mp3 it is and fetches all id3 tags from some online database??
I ask for too much , right?

max
Forum team

Re: clients (for linux,win,android) database sorting

Post by max » December 4th, 2014, 5:03 pm

synthnassizer

Post by synthnassizer » December 5th, 2014, 11:29 pm

hi there,
thank you for the info.
I am still looking for a client that sorts songs by pathnames - it happens that I remember alot of the songs by their path rather than by the artist ....
are there any good options?

Ran

Post by Ran » December 6th, 2014, 12:29 am

Try this:

http://www.xdlab.ru/en/

Works for Windows and Linux via Wine.