MPD doesn't display titles correctly that contain an é

Discuss client development (or even MPD development if you feel so inclined), ask questions about the client libs, MPD feature requests from client developers, etc...
Colin

MPD doesn't display titles correctly that contain an é

Post by Colin »

MPD doesn't display titles correctly that contain, for example, an acute accent. For example, if there is an é in the title, it will be displayed in mpc and in /var/lib/mpd/state file as a ?.
max
Forum team

Re: MPD doesn't display titles correctly that contain an é

Post by max »

https://www.musicpd.org/help/

Do I really have to tell you to read that page for every support request from you? See viewtopic.php?p=11855#p11855
Colin

Post by Colin »

And if you read the manual it says “By default, MPD assumes this tag is UTF-8-encoded.” And the UTF-8 list contains the character é. So should just be displayed. Only it doesn't .
max
Forum team

Post by max »

You don't need to tell me to read the manual. I wrote most of it.

Good luck with your problem, you make it impossible for me to help you.
Colin

Post by Colin »

Sorry, I really don't get your reaction.

The meta of stream is UTF-8. And as I read the manual mpd default would also be use UTF-8. Then it should work, shouldn't it? And when I mention it, I get a lousy reaction from you. But I'm fine with it. Please delete my account. I've seen it here.
max
Forum team

Post by max »

Account deleted as you requested.
skidoo

Post by skidoo »

MPD doesn't display titles correctly that contain, for example, an acute accent. For example, if there is an é in the title, it will be displayed in mpc and in /var/lib/mpd/state file as a ?.
Could not reproduce with MPD and mpc on Debian testing x64. Perhaps Collin mixed up filename and metadata?