OHU/OHM SongCast Stream Decoder

Discuss client development (or even MPD development if you feel so inclined), ask questions about the client libs, MPD feature requests from client developers, etc...
craig

OHU/OHM SongCast Stream Decoder

Post by craig » August 25th, 2014, 7:17 pm

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone out there is actively developing or considering developing an input plugin for MPD which would allow it to accept URI in the OHU/OHM format required by a SongCast receiver.

Details about the format can be found here: http://openhome.org/wiki/Av:Developer:Songcast:Ohm

From what I can find/understand the audio is transmitted as big endian PCM, so from what I can see there should not be too many issues in playing this through MPD. However, my experience in writing decoders is limited to non-existent, so there may be more implications than I am aware of.

If you are developing or interested, I would like to hear from you to see how you are getting on or if we could work together in order to create the input plugin required.

max
Forum team

Re: OHU/OHM SongCast Stream Decoder

Post by max » August 26th, 2014, 5:46 am

If you need assistance, use the developer mailing list or the developer IRC channel. Do not use the forum for developer questions.