Page 1 of 1

implemented: seeking in AAC files

Posted: February 23rd, 2014, 4:17 pm
by eichhofener
Hi,

as I am using lots of AAC encoded files in my music database
running on my pvr settop-box,
I improved the implementation of FaadDecoderPlugin so that
AAC files are now seekable.
It is tested on Linux/Intel and Linux/Mipsel.

If you are interested in that change, please let me know how to submit my changes back.
(I have little experience with git).

Currently I cloned the git (0.18.8) made my changes locally on a branch and merged that branch back to master in my local git.

I had to modify:
DecoderBuffer.hxx
DecoderBuffer.cxx
FaadDecoderPlugin.cxx

bye
~eichhofener

Re: implemented: seeking in AAC files

Posted: February 23rd, 2014, 5:23 pm
by max
Send a patch to the developer mailing list.

Re: implemented: seeking in AAC files

Posted: May 9th, 2015, 8:30 am
by thisvip
I found that the patch from here: https://www.mail-archive.com/mpd-devel@ ... 00029.html

My question is:
1) This patch is for which version? 0.18.x ? 0.19.x?
2) Why in 0.19.9, aac files still cannot be seeking? Any plan to implemented?

Thanks anymore!

Re: implemented: seeking in AAC files

Posted: July 26th, 2015, 1:40 pm
by eichhofener
As stated above, the change is against mpd 0.18.8.
Max rejected the change, as it was not isolated enough.

Indeed, I did some changes on the container-classes and file-access classes used by the decoder-plugins, too;
Imho there was/is no clear semantical separation between them, that's why I modified them.
So these changes are probably touching system-design questions and I can understand that a bugfix contribution is not the proper way to address such issues.

On the other hand, the modified mpd 0.18.8 is running nicely for 1+ year in my living room, so you might easily compile your private version using that patch.

best regards
eichhofener