[SOLVED] layman overlay: ncmpcpp-9999 ebuild broken

Ncmpcpp is very similar to ncmpc if it comes to user interface, but it provides a lot of new useful features.

[SOLVED] layman overlay: ncmpcpp-9999 ebuild broken

Postby illuminated_cretin » January 17th, 2013, 10:36 pm

Hi there!

I must apologize, because this is likely offtopic in this forum. I have tried tracking down the layman overlay maintainer for "mpd", alas to no avail.

Cut right to the chase: the "ncmpcpp-9999" ebuild in the "mpd" overlay [gentoo, funtoo] is broken and has been for at least 6 months now. It invariably fails on attempting to install the documentation, and ends up bailing out before installing anything including the successfully compiled executable. [cf. line 64 of the ebuild "dodoc AUTHORS NEWS doc/config doc/keys"]. As there is no "doc/keys" file in the git-sources.

Fix is to drop the "doc/keys" from said line or to compile from git-sources per hand. Hope this helps somebody.

Bye.
Last edited by illuminated_cretin on January 31st, 2013, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
illuminated_cretin

Re: layman overlay: ncmpcpp-9999 ebuild broken

Postby jast » January 18th, 2013, 9:13 am

From what I can see, there are at least two people with access to the git repository: mpd@gregf.org and kelwert@mtu.edu. In any case, you could try a pull request on Github for the repository...
jast
Forum team

Postby angelos » January 19th, 2013, 6:50 pm

Hope I fixed it, cannot test it right now as it won't compile at all, but I fixed the dodoc line and removed the iconv USE flag which was removed from the configure script. Please test and report back.
angelos
Forum team

Postby illuminated_cretin » January 31st, 2013, 9:48 am

Thank you, angelos. That fixed it. Overlay ebuild builds and installs fine now!!!

Much appreciated!!
illuminated_cretin

Return to NCMPCPP