Updating mpd database in ncmpcpp does not appear

Ncmpcpp is very similar to ncmpc if it comes to user interface, but it provides a lot of new useful features.
jtgd

Updating mpd database in ncmpcpp does not appear

Post by jtgd » July 8th, 2018, 11:02 pm

In ncmpcpp I hit 'u' to update the database. The bottom line tells me that mpd has done this and it is complete, but in screen 5, Playlist Editor, nothing changes. The playlists that I have deleted or renamed are not updated. If I exit and re-run ncmpcpp then it does show, so I believe mpd has recognized it.

Is there a way to refresh the state of the filesystem without leaving ncmpcpp?

jtgd

Re: Updating mpd database in ncmpcpp does not appear

Post by jtgd » July 9th, 2018, 10:31 am

I'm puzzled by the notification regarding the moderation. I guess "The reported message does not fit into any other category" means this is the right place to ask. When you say "please use the further information field." I have no idea what you're referring to. I have not found anything like that on this BB. When you say "dupe" I don't know what it is a dupe of. There's only one other post in this subforum and it's not a dupe of that, and looking through the Help section I did not see anything like this question. Perhaps someone could give a clue as to how to find this dupe.

Let's say I have a playlist named abc.m3u and I rename it to xyz.m3u. Then I update the library with 'u'. ncmpcpp will not show any change in the Playlist editor page (5). If I select abc.m3u and hit enter it will load that playlist (xyz.m3u) and start to play, even though the displayed name is a nonexistent file. However at that point ncmpcpp locks up and does not respond to any keystrokes. I have to kill it and restart (all while mpd is happily playing).

This strongly suggests that the problem is in ncmpcpp and not mpd. I guess I'll have to look for a more appropriate forum for that program.

max
Forum team

Post by max » July 9th, 2018, 11:21 am

You posted the same message twice. I deleted one copy. Not this one, obviously.
But I can't help with your problem because I don't use ncmpcpp.

jtgd

Post by jtgd » July 10th, 2018, 6:53 am

OK, thanks max. If there's a better forum somewhere I haven't found it. At least this one is named after the program in question. I've emailed the developer, maybe I'll hear back. If I find answers I'll post them here.